Welcome to FEVA online
Feva is a non-denominational ministry to the Visual Arts. The Feva Ministry exists with the goal of knowing Christ and making him known, particularly amongst the arts community in Sydney.
Feva is achieving this goal in the following ways: a ministry to students at a number of arts campuses, a church in Petersham, and more recently the Create ministry. Read More
MINISTRY TO STUDENTS
Student Ministry has always been the core work of Feva. Feva teaches the Bible and encourages students to investigate Christianity on a number of campuses where the Visual Arts and design is taught, including the College of Fine Arts, Sydney College of the Arts, UNSW Faculty of Built Environment, UTS Faculty of Design Architecture and Building and the National Art School. Read More
SUPPERTALK #3: LOVE SEX MARRIAGE
"What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."
A good question! What is love? And what on earth does it have to do with sex and marriage? And which should come first? So much confusion!
Media and pop culture is telling us that you can hook up with anyone, anytime, and it doesn't have anything to do with love. Love may or may not come later. And marriage - well, that's just a lifestyle option (but sex is way better without it). How wrong they are!
God thinks there is a better way that makes sense of sexuality and relationships: a way found in the teachings of the Bible.
We'd love you to join us for this riveting, giggly and important on the topic that affects us all - love, sex and marriage.
When: 16th MAY @ 7:30pm
Where: 25 Hercules St, Ashfield (The FEVA Office, an easy 2 minute walk from the station)
Cost: $5 for supper
RSVP to Matt by 5th May on 0407224171 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or on facebook
THE FEVA ANNUAL BLACK TIE DINNER - Saturday June 1st, 6pm
Click the image for the Black Tie mini site...
FEVA's Outreach Media is a non-denominational Christian organisation that exists to "promote Jesus". Our hope is that the whole world will know Jesus as Lord and saviour. The most significant undertaking of Outreach Media to date is the work of Outreach Posters.
If you would like to find out more about Outreach Media and the poster ministry you can go to outreachmedia.org.au
PETERSHAM EVENING CHURCH
In 2001 Feva planted a church in Petersham. Known as Petersham Evening Church, this church has an arts focus while still encouraging members of the local community to get involved and hear the gospel. The church provides an opportunity for all people to be involved with the ministry
of FEVA in Sydney. The church meets at All Saints Anglican, Petersham. Read More
There are a number of things we need help with across the various FEVA ministries. You may know someone who's just right.
- In the office we can always do with secretarial help a couple of days a week. The more administrative help we have the more we can do. Maybe you just want to come and clean and tidy for a morning!
- The Outreach Posters ministry needs retired people (we think this is ideal) to deliver posters in the Northern and Western parts of Sydney (preferably people who are handy with basic tools).
- We need more people with marketing expertise to market Outreach Media products.
- We need more writers to help us write good prose for the monthly notes that are distributed to churches around Australia and to help us write other web articles and tracts for Outreach Media projects.
- We're always interested in having more graphic designers, film makers and other media/content generators join us to offer their talent. We'd need to see samples of work.
- Free for a weekend? Good with tools? Come and help us build storage for the office.
If you have time to volunteer for any of these jobs or if you know anyone that might be suitable, please do let us know. Contact Judith Atkins on 8898 9320 should you have any questions.